#DonLucElectronics #DonLuc #AdafruitMETROM0Express #CircuitPython #Project #Programming #Electronics #Microcontrollers #Consultant
Metro is our series of microcontroller boards for use with the Arduino IDE. This new Metro M0 Express board looks a whole lot like our original Metro 328, but with a huge upgrade. Instead of the ATmega328, this Metro features a ATSAMD21G18 chip, an ARM Cortex M0+. It’s our first Metro that is designed for use with CircuitPython. CircuitPython is our beginner-oriented flavor of MicroPython, and as the name hints at, its a small but full-featured version of the popular Python programming language specifically for use with circuitry and electronics.
Not only can you use CircuitPython, but the Metro M0 is also usable in the Arduino IDE.
At the Metro M0’s heart is an ATSAMD21G18 ARM Cortex M0 processor, clocked at 48 MHz and at 3.3V logic, the same one used in the new Arduino Zero. This chip has a whopping 256K of FLASH and 32K of RAM. This chip comes with built in USB so it has USB-to-Serial program and debug capability built in with no need for an FTDI-like chip.
- Power the METRO with 7-9V polarity protected DC or the micro USB connector to any 5V USB source. The 2.1mm DC jack has an on/off switch next to it so you can turn off your setup easily. The METRO will automagically switch between USB and DC.
- METRO has 25 GPIO pins, 12 of which are analog in, and one of which is a true analog out. There’s a hardware SPI port, hardware I2C port and hardware UART. Logic level is 3.3V
- Native USB, there’s no need for a hardware USB to Serial converter as the Metro M0 has built in USB support. When used to act like a serial device, the USB interface can be used by any computer to listen/send data to the METRO, and can also be used to launch and update code via the bootloader. It can also act like a keyboard, mouse or MIDI device as well.
- Four indicator LEDs and one NeoPixel, on the front edge of the PCB, for easy debugging. One green power LED, two RX/TX LEDs for data being sent over USB, and a red LED connected. Next to the reset button there is an RGB NeoPixel that can be used for any purpose.
- 2 MB SPI Flash storage chip is included on board. You can use the SPI Flash storage like a very tiny hard drive. When used in Circuit Python, the 2 MB flash acts as storage for all your scripts, libraries and files. When used in Arduino, you can read/write files to it, like a little datalogger or SD card, and then with our helper program, access the files over USB.
- Easy reprogramming, comes pre-loaded with the UF2 bootloader, which looks like a USB storage key. Simply drag firmware on to program, no special tools or drivers needed. It can be used to load up CircuitPython, PXT/MakeCode or Arduino IDE (it is bossa-compatible)
1 x Adafruit METRO M0 Express
Adafruit METRO M0 Express
VIN – +3.3V
VIN – +5V
GND – GND
""" ***** Don Luc Electronics © ***** Software Version Information Project #20: CircuitPython – Metro M0 Express Blink – Mk01 12-01 DL2112Mk01 code.py 1 x Adafruit METRO M0 Express """ # Module import board import digitalio import time # Red LED Connected led = digitalio.DigitalInOut(board.LED) led.direction = digitalio.Direction.OUTPUT # Blink while True: led.value = True time.sleep(1.5) led.value = False time.sleep(1.5)
People can contact us: https://www.donluc.com/?page_id=1927
- Single-Board Microcontrollers (PIC, Arduino, Raspberry Pi,Espressif, etc…)
- Camera and Video Capture Receiver Stationary, Wheel/Tank and Underwater Vehicle
- Unmanned Vehicles Terrestrial and Marine
- Research & Development (R & D)
- Desktop Applications (Windows, OSX, Linux, Multi-OS, Multi-Tier, etc…)
- Mobile Applications (Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Windows CE, etc…)
- Web Applications (LAMP, Scripting, Java, ASP, ASP.NET, RoR, Wakanda, etc…)
- Social Media Programming & Integration (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc…)
- Content Management Systems (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Moodle, etc…)
- Bulletin Boards (phpBB, SMF, Vanilla, jobberBase, etc…)
- eCommerce (WooCommerce, OSCommerce, ZenCart, PayPal Shopping Cart, etc…)
Instructor and E-Mentor
- PIC Microcontrollers
- Raspberry Pi
- DOS, Windows, OSX, Linux, iOS, Android, Multi-OS
J. Luc Paquin – Curriculum Vitae – 2021 English & Español